Quiet Trails State Nature Preserve Guided Hike
We're excited to announce the first ever Backcountry Belles guided hike at Kentucky State Nature Preserves Commission's Quiet Trails State Nature Preserve. Hike will be led by our program coordinator and director of Backcountry Belles, Carolyn Sexton. The Quiet Trails hike features a rich social history along the Licking River amidst beautifully managed forest. The preserve is home to numerous wildflower and animal species as well as more than 130 bird species. Pack a snack, dust of your hiking shoes, and join us to learn more about this beautiful preserve at Quiet Trails in Harrison County, Kentucky!
- What: A moderate 3 hour hike with 300' elevation gain and loss within the Quiet Trails State Nature Preserve to the Licking River.
- Distance: 3.2 Miles
- Group size: 15
- Cost: $20
- Guide: Carolyn Sexton, EKI Program Coordinator
- Moderate 3.2 mile trail through 165 acres of protected State Nature Preserve land.
- Trekking from a limestone ridge above surrounding farmland to the Licking River below, passing along side a wildlife viewing area, stone fences, a wildflower meadow, and the historic trading post site and water well.
- Snack break at the site of a historic trading post as well as photo ops of the Licking River.
- Native flora and fauna of note
Historical usage of area
Leave No Trace principles.
Refund Policy: Full refund before April 14th, transferable until date of event.