Bad Branch State Nature Preserve Guided Hike Weekend
We're excited to announce our first ever weekend of guided hikes at Kentucky State Nature Preserves Commission's Bad Branch State Nature Preserve. Hikes will be led by our program coordinator, Carolyn Sexton and Tara Littefield Berry, rare plants botanist with KNSPC. Our Bad Branch hike features a 60' waterfall nestled among the hemlock gorges of Pine Mountain as well as mile wide vistas from atop Pine Mountain ridge. The preserve is home to numerous rare plant and animal species as well as pristine mountain streams. So pack a hearty lunch, bring your camera, and join us to learn more about this beautiful wilderness area on Pine Mountain in eastern Kentucky!
- What: A challenging 5 hour hike with 1400' elevation gain and loss within the Bad Branch State Nature Preserve on Pine Mountain.
- Distance: 7.2 Miles
- Group size: 15
- Cost: $25
- Guide: Carolyn Sexton, EKI Program Coordinator
- Challenging 7.2 mile trail through 2,500+ acres of secluded State Nature Preserve land.
- Trekking from the Poor Fork of the Cumberland River to the top of the Pine Mountain Ridge with more than 1400' elevation gain.
- Snacks and photo ops below the 60' waterfall of Bad Branch Falls
- Lunch break at High Rock on Pine Mountain with views of the Cumberland Plateau and Black Mountain
- Native flora and fauna of note
Historical usage of area
Leave No Trace principles.
Refund Policy: Full refund before April 1st, transferable until date of event.