How the KWS Point System Works
- KWS series points are assigned to racers according to their place at the finish line. (1 point for first, 2 for second, etc.) Racers who do not finish a race, retire, or are disqualified score the number of boats in the race plus one. The racer with the lowest total score wins the series.
- Except for the KR255: points are only awarded for the completion of this event.
- Race Distances:
Long Race: 7.1+ miles
Short Race: 4.5 - 7 miles
Rec Race: > 4.5 Miles
- To make a class on race day at least two craft of the same division must registered before race day. Race directors reserve the right to fold divisions as following:
- 17' + kayak into the HPK Division.
- 16' & below fold into Sea Kayak Division.
All racers are scored on the same number of races. Since the series takes place over several months and not every racer can attend each race, the scoring threshold is set to 4 races for the 2018 season.
Racers who attend fewer than 4 of the races do not “qualify” and are not scored for the season.
Racers who attend more than 4 races, have their highest scores thrown out ( at the end of the season) and are only scored on their best races.
In according to qualify for ranking, at least 4 races must be done with the same paddlecraft.