In My Backyard: Red River Gorge
Stanton,KY - powell COUNTY
PARTNER: Powell County Public Library
Attendance: 200+ | Ages served: 4 yrs old +
- The festival featured Q & A sessions, interactive & informational booths, activities including a rock climbing wall, mini bike rodeo, healthy food samplings, and more.
- Authors John Snell and Carrie Stambaugh did book signings of their respective books; Red River Gorge: My Second Home & Falcon Guide's Hiking Kentucky.
- Participants earned tickets from each activity they completed they were used to win free raffle prizes including a kayak carrier from Red River Outdoors, Red River Gorge Zipline passes, a Sheltowee Hammock, Fly fishing set from Quest Outdoors, climbing passes from L'Escalade Fitness, guided climbing from Torrent Falls, and Alex Honnold’s Bestseller, “Alone on the Wall”.
- Over 200 individuals attended from all across Kentucky, the local community, surrounding counties, and states including Ohio and Indiana.
- EKI Crew Member Greg Davis, John Snell, and Gerry James conducted an outdoor photography workshop.
- EKI volunteers provided support for the festival, manned activities, set-up, and break-down.